* Electric-start system for easy starting in all conditions.
* Fuel-tank capacity is 1.9 gallons.
* Resettable, easy-to-read three-digit odometer.
* USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester.
* Powerful 35-watt halogen headlight offers a wide range of illumination.
* Integrated LED taillight in rear fender.
* Convenient sidestand integrated into left footpeg bracket can be easily removed for competition events.
* Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
* Suspension and chassis tuned for competitive off-road riding needs.
* 18-inch rear wheel for greater flat-tire protection.
* T-ring-sealed chain is approximately 1.6mm narrower, and stronger compared to conventional chains.
* Skidplate and engine guards feature a unique three-piece design.
* Powerful four-stroke 449cc liquid-cooled four-valve UnicamÂ® engine is designed to produce power across a wide rpm band for off-road riding (see Technology Section).
* Electric starter drives the clutch side of the crankshaft to provide superior lubrication of starter gears and produce a narrow engine with a short, strong crankshaft.
* Compact, lightweight engine assembly weighs only 71 pounds.
* Lightweight titanium intake valves permit use of smaller valve springs, reducing overall engine height.
* Clutch cover and cylinder-head cover are made of magnesium to reduce engine weight.
* Forged 12.0:1-compression slipper piston is lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
* Nikasil cylinder lining is lightweight and provides cooler and quieter operation for extended engine life.
* 40mm Keihin FCR-type carburetor features four rollers on the flat slide, resulting in light throttle effort, smooth operation, crisp throttle response and excellent rideability.
* Carburetor features a Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) to help maintain linear throttle response throughout the rpm range.
* Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates clutch and transmission material contamination of the engine oil, reduces the amount of circulating oil and permits the use of a smaller oil pump.
* Exhaust system uses a lightweight, stainless-steel exhaust header and muffler equipped with spark arrester.
* Dual radiators feature a refined core area for improved heat dissipation compared to conventional dual-radiator design. Coolant recovery tank is located in front of the engine between the frame downtubes for improved center of gravity. Coolant tank is protected by plastic skidplate.
* Gear-driven balancer reduces vibration and drives the water pump. Eight clutch plates provide the surface area necessary to handle the engine’s massive torque, while carefully matched clutch springs provide a light feel at the lever.
* Durable and versatile five-speed wide-ratio transmission.
* Fourth-generation Twin-Spar Aluminum Frame with forged-aluminum steering head (see Technology Section).
* HPSD features a compact damper attached to the upper triple clamp and the steering head to augment more aggressive steering characteristics and assist straight-line handling. Tuned specifically for higher speed, non-motocross, off-road riding applications, the CRF450X damper incorporates different valving/settings compared to the units on the motocross models. HPSD provides straight-line confidence at high speeds, a planted feel in corners, less rider fatigue and outstanding control over a wider variety of terrain and riding conditions.
* 18-inch rear wheel features same lightweight rear hub and HRC works-type lightweight-aluminum spoke nipples as used on CRF450R.
* Front wheel features large-diameter front axle and wide wheel-bearing span for excellent rigidity.
* 25mm rear-axle diameter and large-diameter bearings provide optimum rigidity to withstand torturous off-road conditions.
* Revised, sophisticated Inverted Twin-Chamber Cartridge Fork (see Technology Section).
* Pro-LinkÂ® Rear Suspension (see Technology Section) with new damper settings.
* Large 50mm diameter for rear shock damper piston for consistent performance under demanding riding conditions.
* Compact twin-piston front brake caliper, anodized-aluminum brake pistons and lightweight front brake disc minimize unsprung weight for improved turning and handling.
* HRC works-type rear brake system integrates the rear master cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the need for a separate reservoir and hose assembly.
* Rider ergonomics are optimized by adapting the handlebar, seat and footpeg height to place the rider’s legs at the narrowest cross-section of the frame for improved comfort and handling feel.
* Rear-brake pedal and shift lever are made of lightweight aluminum and are designed to complement the riding position. Brake pedal features optimized ratio to match integrated rear-brake master-cylinder design.
* Wide, cleated, stainless-steel footpegs are self-cleaning, resist corrosion, provide excellent grip and fold for extra ground clearance.
* Aluminum Renthal handlebar (971 bend) is rubber-mounted to help reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
* Handlebar holders provide two different mounting positions to match rider preference.
* Works-type handlebar grips add to rider comfort.
* Adjustable front-brake lever.
* Hot-start lever conveniently located on clutch perch.
* Quick-adjust clutch perch.
* Front disc brake cover helps protect rotor and caliper from damage.
* Removable rear subframe allows for easy maintenance.
* Comfortable, durable controls and high-quality fasteners.
* Stainless-steel clutch cable for long life.
* Honda Racing-inspired colors and graphics.